Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HELP... With tires

Old 08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP... With tires

Ok so I have a 2009 JKU Sahara. That being said I have 18" tires and almost no mud tire options for replacing my current tires. But.... I have a set of Fuel Gauge rims in 18x9 vs the stock 18x7.5 rims. Will this extra 1.5" allow me to fit a bigger tire? I am not looking for a lift so please advise what size tire I can fit on the 18x9 rim ( without rubbing) and any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help.

PS. I have been going in circles because every tire I ask the tire shop about, they say it will not fit because the rim is to narrow. But they are quoting off the stock rim wich is why I ask about the 18x9 But again Thanks !!!

Oh !! And I really like the look of the BFG KM2's. Is there any size that will fit ? And what is the minimum fit I would need to fit a pair? (just in case I can't find another set I like)

Last edited by suds; 08-27-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can definitely do 33x12.5 with the 18x9 rims no problems. The 18x9 rims are approved for 12.5 width tires.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SilverShift
You can definitely do 33x12.5 with the 18x9 rims no problems. The 18x9 rims are approved for 12.5 width tires.
Ok great. Thanks for the reply and at least now I have a better idea of what I can do. Any ideas of what mud tires that come in this size ?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at 1010tire.com It is a great site that may answer some of your questions as you can shop via rim size for tites. Also ask your local tire shop with the new rim size so they can assist you accurately. Rubbing will depend on Backspacing and a couple other issues. Double check that as well. You should be able to run a 33-35" tire w/o any real issues.
Good luck
MTNBKR
Old 08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MTNBKR
Take a look at 1010tire.com It is a great site that may answer some of your questions as you can shop via rim size for tites. Also ask your local tire shop with the new rim size so they can assist you accurately. Rubbing will depend on Backspacing and a couple other issues. Double check that as well. You should be able to run a 33-35" tire w/o any real issues.
Good luck
MTNBKR
I'll check that out ! Thanks so much for the info

Quick Reply: HELP... With tires