Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hesitation/sputtering @ 1000-1500 RPM

Old 04-10-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation/sputtering @ 1000-1500 RPM

Could really use some input on this. 2007 JKU Sahara Automatic 160K miles. THe Jeep is hesitating/sputttering when it is driven at low speeds. Typically once it has gone into 2nd gear and around 1000-1500 RPM.

Idles fine, seems to run fine at higher RPM/speeds. It is not showing a CEL although it has shown one recently for a small exhaust leak.

Plugs/wires were changed within the last 12 months. I checked for loose connections and did not find any,

Anyone had experience similar to this?
Old 04-10-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Although you checked your wires it still sounds like you are having a misfire somewhere. Do you have a way of checking to see if it has any codes thrown? I had a similar problem and it ended up being a wiring and plug problem, had it fixed and have been fine since.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wittys-jk
Although you checked your wires it still sounds like you are having a misfire somewhere. Do you have a way of checking to see if it has any codes thrown? I had a similar problem and it ended up being a wiring and plug problem, had it fixed and have been fine since.
Wouldn't it show a CEL if there was a misfire? I did not know that there were codes shown unless the CEL popped up.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes you would have a check engine light and the code would tell you that you had a misfire.

Quick Reply: Hesitation/sputtering @ 1000-1500 RPM