Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hit and run

Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and run

So some low life backed into my jeep and took off Saturday night. Didn't see it I was in the store and they didn't have a camera on the lot. Damage isn't to bad back passenger door is dented a bit and my rocker panel is pinched in. Not overly concerned about it. The door opens and closes the same as new and I would rather spend the 1000 to start modding my jeep or finish my 60 f100 restoration, then on my deductible. I'm going to try to upload a pic. I'm thinking to keep the rust at bay rhino lining my rockers. Any one seen or done this? I think it may look pretty cool and it would definitely be functional. What's your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3180261856.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	421092  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Man that sucks. I have had similar things done. People just have no regard for others property anymore. Its sad...
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah I'm not even concerned about the ding I would have avoided involving the police I just don't understand how some one can screw up and say oh screw that I'm outta here. Own up to your mistakes ya know? He basically stole from me as far as I am concerned
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Can't really offer any input on the Rhino Liner, but I read your post and feel your pain.

A few months ago I had a similar experience. Some guy rear ended me while I was stopped at a red light and took off. I managed to chase him down. It pisses me off to hear about stuff like this. Hope you can fix it without too much trouble.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Had to be bad for him when he realized you caught him! Lol!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

It turned out to be a senior citizen. He slammed into me, and didn't even realize he hit me (or so he claimed). Good thing I wasn't on my motorcycle...he would have ran me over and kept on driving!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Wow... No kidding that is awful. He was probably messin (putting on tupac) with the radio when he hit you and was like crap I gotta play senile!

Quick Reply: Hit and run