Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hitch/Harness

Old 08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitch/Harness

I just installed a class III hitch by R/C and the 4 pin wire harness from Mopar. My JK did not have the oem tow pkg. My question is regarding the harness mount at the pin connection, which mounts the pin to the frame.... Is this a part that will be avail. through the dealer or has anyone made a quick fix for this..
Old 08-25-2008, 10:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are referring to the bracket that holds the pin connector to the hitch itself- no you are out of luck. I built my hitch, ordered the Mopar harness, and wire tied my plug to the hitch about 3'' from the end of the harness. This gives the end of the harness and the plug a little slack so tension won't be on the harness if turning very sharp or backing up....:
Old 08-26-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
If you are referring to the bracket that holds the pin connector to the hitch itself- no you are out of luck. I built my hitch, ordered the Mopar harness, and wire tied my plug to the hitch about 3'' from the end of the harness. This gives the end of the harness and the plug a little slack so tension won't be on the harness if turning very sharp or backing up....:
Same here. A small zip tie is all I used.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinn407
I just installed a class III hitch by R/C and the 4 pin wire harness from Mopar. My JK did not have the oem tow pkg. My question is regarding the harness mount at the pin connection, which mounts the pin to the frame.... Is this a part that will be avail. through the dealer or has anyone made a quick fix for this..
the mopar hitch comes with a space where the harnes goes in. so no, there is no separate part to buy.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats one of the reasons I bought a Mopar hitch (that and it came with the little rubber "Jeep" plug to hide the hole. It was like $40 higher, but was worth it to me for the look.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hntndawg
Thats one of the reasons I bought a Mopar hitch (that and it came with the little rubber "Jeep" plug to hide the hole. It was like $40 higher, but was worth it to me for the look.
ditto...

Quick Reply: Hitch/Harness