Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Horn & Alarm have minds of their own

Old 07-12-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Horn & Alarm have minds of their own

I bought a JK unlimited less than a month ago. I've always thought the horn was a little hard to press, but thought that must be normal for the car. Yesterday I tried honking the horn and when it was pressed, it honked on and off like it had a short in it. Today it seems fine again, but I got it to do this several times yesterday.

Shortly after the horn grew a mind of its own, so did the alarm. It will not turn on now. The keyfob works fine. Its like there is no power to the unit inside the jeep. It won't program or anything. Alarm company is looking at that today, as it seems dead.

Has anyone else had these problems?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister has an Unlimited, and she has had the horn (alarm) go off on its own several times. She bought it back in March. No answer as to what caused it though ....sorry.

Quick Reply: Horn & Alarm have minds of their own