Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

how to adjust headlights?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to adjust headlights?

ok I searched the owners manual and couldn't seem to find how to adjust the beams. MY lights are angled way to high since I added my lift. Is there a simple adjustment? Or do I have to take off the grill and adjust each one of those bolts around the lamps?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

pop off the grille carefully, there are some screws at the top, unscrew them a bit then lift out the assembly lightly with a screw driver. the bottom is clipped in just pop it out. there is a torx bit screw on each head light losen them up a touch to lower the beams. doesnt take much I turned my 3-4 turns and it was too much I had to take it apart again and readjust them.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

dang so I do have to take the grill off.

so to take the grill off, undo screws at the top then pop upwards?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NO NEED TO TAKE OFF THE GRILL. THERE ARE 2 SMALL SCREWS AT 10 AND 2:00. THESE ARE TORX BITS, BUT A SMALL FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER WILL ALSO WORK.

THIS WAS DISCUSSED BEFORE (SEVERAL TIMES). PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FEATURE. DO A SEARCH FOR "HEADLIGHT" AND "ADJUST" AND YOU WILL SEE THE THREADS DONE PREVIOUSLY.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 AM
AK
JK Enthusiast

Default Don't Take Your Grill Off!

Funny thing is that I just adjusted my headlights last night. The screws take a Torx #15 and are located at 2 o'clock on the drivers side and 10 o'clock on the passangers. Look for a resess in the grill around the light. Simply turn the screw until you find the desired location for your lights. It is obviously much easier at night, as you can actually see where they are pointing. I have the FT 3" w/ HD springs and had to put 3 1/2 turns in the screw. Hope this helps. Sorry no pics, my wife has the Jeep today.

AK
Old 10-12-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

ah ok good. I'll try that tonight. I think I have that size torx bit. I also have 3" with hd springs.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that saves a lot of time, just did mine!

Quick Reply: how to adjust headlights?