Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How 'bout those headrests?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read that the headrests were DC's effort to keep drivers awake when off-roading ......The addition of the seatglovers headrest covers was an absolute upgrade.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a customer we had new headrests with dvd monitors already in them installed, they fit right in the jk so i imagine, headrests without dvd players should be easy to get.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Super Freak

This worked for me. I have a back problem so I need the seat back close to straight up. My head bumped the protruding corner of the the headrest constantly making the back of my head sore. I got some poly-fill quilt batting (purchased at any fabric store or Wal Mart) and cut a piece the width of the headrest and long enough to drape over the top of the headrest. I cut up some old discarded blue jeans to salvage the material (back of the legs is the least worn) and sewed a slip-on cover to pull over the top of the headrest with the batting in place. I didn't even close the bottom edge, just let it hang free, so I could tuck in a little more batting if I needed it. The cover kind of looks like the shape of a short paper bag pulled down over the headrest. That did the trick. Feels great! So far it has stayed in place without any problems. It is kind of nice to rest my head against it now when I am on long trips. Cheap, easy, comfortable.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get to be a wet blanket! :-D

Head Restraint not headrest.

The thing isn't made for resting your head it's made to prevent whiplash.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=1839938
Old 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
Go to bed a little earlier and get some rest because once you get in it, you won't want to get out. You'll love it and be sure to post when you get it.
LOL, I already can't sleep and I haven't even taken delivery yet... I will post up pics as soon as she arrives...
Old 01-17-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I replaced my headrests with a pair from a 2008 Dodge Ram. A little over two hundred for the pair but I prefer the look and comfort. And they seem to match the rear headrests better than the OEM JK front headrests.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice, we have a boat canvas shop and i could easily just make a little foam padded cover for it, even in like the pleather stuff, so maybe i'll try fitting my own..

Quick Reply: How 'bout those headrests?