Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HOW do I route wires for side mirror camera on lockpick CHR550

Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default HOW do I route wires for side mirror camera on lockpick CHR550

I purchased a Lockpick CHR550 and it allows 4 cameras. I'm installing the side mirror cameras and was able to route the camera wires through the mirror assembly but once the wires go into the door via the mirror mount.
their is nowhere to route the wires through the door without drilling some holes.
I would like to keep it a clean install and route the wires down to the door wire harness(black harness that disconnects when you take door off).
An obvious route is straight through the mirror mount by drilling a hole next to the 2 bolts holding the mirror on. Unfortunately this route would take the wire on top the inside of the door, where there would be visible wires on the door surface all the way down to the door wire harness.
I would like to route them inside the door and down to harness. Has anyone done this before? Any Ideas a greatly appreciated.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do mirror movers and then wire them up like that....solution for doors on and off.

What's with all of the cameras though?

Sent from my DROID4

Quick Reply: HOW do I route wires for side mirror camera on lockpick CHR550