Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How hard is it to take off rear gate?

Old 04-05-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard is it to take off rear gate?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it is too difficult to take off rear gate? Anyone seen a write up on it?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

Just curious as to what you had in mind. Removing the hinges completely would be the biggest job, but again, what for???
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by largo
Just curious as to what you had in mind. Removing the hinges completely would be the biggest job, but again, what for???
I just need to get rid of the rear gate for a few days to move large or long staff around. I am so used to having truck and now that I am about to move to a new apartment I figured I can probably try and fit my futon in the jeep with the rear seats folded, but just in case I need futon to overhand over the rear end the gate must go.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

The gate is very easy to take off and isn't heavy in any way. Be sure to unhook all the electrical stuff and there are 4 bolts that hold it on. Very easy, but as said before, you may not get it back on exactly the way it was before.

Quick Reply: How hard is it to take off rear gate?