Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How much does a hard top and doors weigh?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the rubber on mine never gets damaged.. but there will be little divits in it for a short time after I put the doors back on. ... I did it this way last summer.. and all winter never had any wind whistles or water leaks... no doubt that some sort of support at the bottom or maybe a wooden rail with some rubber on it would protect them better.....

may be just as simple as a second set of hooks at the bottom of each door to take a good amount of the weight off of the window rubber.....

-Christopher
Old 06-11-2010, 12:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my neighbor has a spring scale... much like a fish scale, and I connected it from my pulley to my my top holder... I accounted for the weight of the top holder and measured total weight. Now granted, I had to keep it stable so I may be off a bit, but can't be by to much. I used the same scale for each door.

Quick Reply: How much does a hard top and doors weigh?