Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to Sell my Stock Front Seats

Old 09-19-2020, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to Sell my Stock Front Seats

I am selling my stock front seats with the supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags as I am adding some MasterCraft Baja RS seats. I have questions about selling my old seats:
  • Did all JKs come pre-wired for the supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags (ie, could someone who didn't purchase the side airbags just plug & play these seats and benefit from the side airbags)?
  • Is there a price premium I can charge for seats that have the side airbags?
  • Are the front seats the same in the JK and JKU, thus allowing either buyer to buy these seats?
  • From what I can tell, I am going to reuse my existing seat belt buckles. Is it customary to sell seats without the seat belt, tongue, buckle?
  • Best websites to try to sell them on?
  • Should I try to estimate the cost of shipping and just roll that into the sale price or is there a better way to handle shipping?
Thanks for your insights
Old 09-19-2020, 10:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

jk and jku seats are different. I think different years had different wiring as well. I do not thing just plugging them in would do it for a non air bag rig. Ebay because that way you describe what you have and if someone wants them they can bid on them. Shipping on seats is going to be killer.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

You should check on shipping -- Air Bags must be declared as hazardous and I think cannot be shipped Air.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be cost prohibitive to send by air. Would certainly ship by ground in the contiguous 48 states.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Shipping through Fastenal is probably the best route for something like that. I know they won't ship in to Colorado. Not sure if there's a handful of states or if that one is it. They are a great option for things like this and axles. That said, an eBay sale would be hard to swing with Fastenal shipping. I'd probably list them on Craigslist first, then after a week or two of no bites, list them on all the jeep boards, then eBay as a last resort (primarily due to shipping and fees). Best of luck with your sale.

Quick Reply: How to Sell my Stock Front Seats