Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How stripped can I go..2016 JKR

Old 01-26-2017, 04:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 2010 when my old vehicle died with no idea what I was getting myself into. But because it was just needed for a daily driver I got a pretty loaded sport, and I have never regretted that decision.

The power windows are great when taking the doors off, just push both window buttons at once and get to it.
The upgraded stereo is great for having the top and doors off, and it is all stock so it doesn't attract a thief's attention.
It came with the Rubicon 17's so I was able to run 35's with just spacers.
I didn't pay extra money for a Rubicon Suspension and 4.10 gears that I would have just replaced anyway.
I have since replaced my front Dana 30 with a PR44 which will far outlast the Rubicon 44.

Do I wish I had lockers and the electronic sway bar from the beginning.....yes but I eventually got there.
The only thing that I wish I had from a Rubicon is the 4:1 transfer case
Old 01-26-2017, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with a Sport + Base Willys Wheeler (Appearance Package was my reason) + AC + Automatic.

I very quickly changed axles, added lift, changed wheels and tires, added lockers. I saw no point in paying $8,000 more for a Rubicon and then take the Rubicon parts off and sell them for $4,000. I never mind having my manual locks/windows, and I actually find it very befitting a Willys Wheeler Edition that is supposed to be a themed throw back to the originals. The Willys gives you advanced DIC with individual TPMS, deep tint windows, 3.73 gears with rear limited slip (that lasts around 15,000 miles and is worn completely out), the Willys Wheeler blacked out grill and fancy stickers, and bumpers with the black center overlay that you remove and sell on Craigslist for $100 for the complete pair including hardware and tow hooks.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nosnhoj1
According to jeep.com the connectivity group only adds a leather wrapped steering wheel, USB slot in the center console, and tpms display for each tires pressure. I've never used the USB slot and if you plan on different wheels and tires you'll probably end up with a procal anyway to disable tpms. I'd say you'll be just fine without the leather wrapped steering wheel.
It also adds a few other things like transmission temp, water temp, Blue-tooth for phone. I probably missed a thing or two.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino64
It also adds a few other things like transmission temp, water temp, Blue-tooth for phone. I probably missed a thing or two.
The Bluetooth and the system status (water temp tpms, etc) is probably the most missed item. The Rubicon has a leather wrapped steering wheel with or without the connectivity group. Still not worth the cost in my opinion.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by phljeeper
The Bluetooth and the system status (water temp tpms, etc) is probably the most missed item. The Rubicon has a leather wrapped steering wheel with or without the connectivity group. Still not worth the cost in my opinion.

It is a bit pricey for what you get.

Quick Reply: How stripped can I go..2016 JKR