Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HVAC Vent Stuck in Defrost / Feet

Old 06-26-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Vent Stuck in Defrost / Feet

MY 2013 Rubicon a few weeks ago auto cycled itself to defrost and feet with the A/C on. A week ago I found a thread that show how to trick the system back into dash vents. Which worked for a few days. Now it is stuck again and no matter what I do I can not get it to cycle out of its current position. I turn the knob and nothing. I've tried the auto start trick now about 20 times with no cycle. If anyone has any advice on how to get the vents to cycle or why it is stuck I would appreciate it. I'm hoping to take it to the dealership in two weeks when I get leave but till then my pregnant wife is extra pissy... it was 106 F today. Thanks
Old 06-26-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warranty? Take it to the dealer.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gundybears
Warranty? Take it to the dealer.
That is the plan however the dealership I trust is two hours away so I have to wait till I have leave to get it there. Was looking for help with a temp fix.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump

My HVAC system issues seem to relate to high temperatures. This morning came out to the jeep started it as normal everything worked normally. However at 8 this morning had to drive to a remote spot for work and again the A/C was stuck. It was already 90 degrees out. Now tonight the A/C works normally once the outside temperature is below 80F. Anyone else having these issues. On another forum there was a thread with about 20 members having the HVAC stuck on feet and defrost. Value any inputs till I can get it to the dealership.

Thanks

Rob
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could help, it was 115 here today, and 120 tomorrow. We gotta have our ACs tip top.

Bump to help this guy out.

Quick Reply: HVAC Vent Stuck in Defrost / Feet