Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

I just bought 5 rubicon take-offs for my 4 door '08 sahara

Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just bought 5 rubicon take-offs for my 4 door '08 sahara

Couple of questions,

1) Are there any concerns about balance or size of tire going from an 18" to 17 inch wheel?
2) If I take my spare off and hang one of the new tires on that will I be able to fit 4 new wheels/tires in back with seats down?

Any other tips?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

The overall height of the tires are the same as you have now, not accounting for wear, so you'll have no issues. The tires will fit in the back just fine.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I am VERY happy with my new take-offs and the ride is good and love the grip of the new rubi tires and wheels..

HOWEVER

The damn TPMS light flashes and bings at me periodically. The Jeep dealer confirmed today that the TPMS is in my tires, but they claim the jeep needs to be reprogrammed for that job. They say it will be at least an hour's worth of work and will charge me $100 to link the car to the new tires.

This seems high to me? Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by WavetheWheat
So I am VERY happy with my new take-offs and the ride is good and love the grip of the new rubi tires and wheels.

HOWEVER

The damn TPMS light flashes and bings at me periodically. The Jeep dealer confirmed today that the TPMS is in my tires, but they claim the jeep needs to be reprogrammed for that job. They say it will be at least an hour's worth of work and will charge me $100 to link the car to the new tires.

This seems high to me? Any ideas?
Ok, so I guess you found out you can carry 4 wheels in your cab and 1 on spare. The TPMS light should turn off since your new wheels have it. It just takes a few miles for it to get synced up. I know when I switched my gf's wheels on her jeep and the new tires had TPMS , it stopped blinking after a couple days.

PS. Please do not refer to your Jeep as a "car", you will get flamed.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

They might need reprogrammed. $100 is a little high. Call around to some tire shops and see what they will charge... should be a little less.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

all the same size , only difference is the rubi tires look far better than the saraha,
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

If they r gonna chrge 100 might as well get a procal. Can gst rid of the tpms along with a few other goodies
Old 02-22-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry. Yes the 5 tires fit easily. I wasn't sure so I took off the spare and drove with 4 tires to pick them up (I was nervous for flat!)

Then I hung one of the new wheels on the back. 4 fit very easy (could have done 5 in the back with seats down)

I was wondering about reprogramming myself, but wasn't sure how hard it was. Can a tire shop do this type of work or is it only dealer?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

I'd just go with the procal. It has all the different tpms options, as well as many other cool features. Read up on em.

Quick Reply: I just bought 5 rubicon take-offs for my 4 door '08 sahara