Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I'm going to flip out if this top isn't fixed!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry I'm going to flip out if this top isn't fixed!

I've had my JK since August. I love it for the most part, but the damn top is the reason I'm afraid to invest any money into the thing.

I would love to put a lift and some bigger tires on, but I almost feel like it's not worth it at this point.

I know some of you have been battling with your top for a while now, and I finally feel your pain. Mine has only been in twice, for a total of 4 days (I can barely find a minute to take a breath these days... so that's about all I've been able to bring it in).

I've had it in for the leaks, and the driver's side sunrider Latch. The dealership swears it gets fixed each time, but today, I took the sunrider down, and Low-and-behold the sunrider clip wont line up.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I feel your pain! I love my JK but cant do all the mods I want to because I dont know if I'll still have it in a while.

After 7-9 trips in for all the leaks and electrical trouble that I think the leaks have caused,,,,,,and riding around in a minivan for almost two months I had enough.

Lemon law!!!
Case filed.
We'll see what if anything Chrysler has to say about it now.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you all. Thus far (knocks on wood) my Jeep has been for the most part problem free.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

Don't get me wrong, i'm about 95% in love with my jeep. I just get a little depressed when I open my door after a rain to find puddles on the floor and a soaking wet seat. I also get upset when I take the top down, and when I'm trying to put it back up, I have to fight for 20 minutes to get a stupid bow into place.

It really gets to you. I don't know how people are going back to the dealer so many times and still driving along! I've been twice and I'm almost fed up. It ALMOST makes me upset I didn't go with the civic... Almost....
Old 03-27-2008, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkdeuce
I feel your pain! I love my JK but cant do all the mods I want to because I dont know if I'll still have it in a while.

After 7-9 trips in for all the leaks and electrical trouble that I think the leaks have caused,,,,,,and riding around in a minivan for almost two months I had enough.

Lemon law!!!
Case filed.
We'll see what if anything Chrysler has to say about it now.
Same here. Best of luck with your state doing it in a timly manor. CT. sucks.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

i completly agree with you on the fact of a poor soft top. i was thinking of just getting a new soft to add to my mod collection, or mabe even a hard top. not sure yet but the best of luck fror both of you
Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Don't get me wrong, i'm about 95% in love with my jeep. I just get a little depressed when I open my door after a rain to find puddles on the floor and a soaking wet seat. I also get upset when I take the top down, and when I'm trying to put it back up, I have to fight for 20 minutes to get a stupid bow into place.

It really gets to you. I don't know how people are going back to the dealer so many times and still driving along! I've been twice and I'm almost fed up. It ALMOST makes me upset I didn't go with the civic... Almost....
I completely agree with you. My issues with my tops have completely ruined my excitement with the Jeep. This is my 4th and 2nd new one. The TJ was amazing. I am beyond disappointment with the JK tops. I am getting tired of complaining at this point. so I try not to online. The upcoming trip to the dealer will be the last for me before I go the lemon route. FYI I've had my second set of FreeDumb panels ordered for close to 2 months now. It only took them 2 weeks to get a complete hard top. It appears I have a problem dealer as well as problem JK. I also don't buy that this is not a widespread issue. Everyone I know that has a JK has problems with their tops, both hard and soft.

Quick Reply: I'm going to flip out if this top isn't fixed!