Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Infinity Front / Tweeter wiring

Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Front / Tweeter wiring

I will be installing a set of component's to replace the infinity fronts and tweeters. How are the mids and tweeters wired to the amp? I have read opposing threads, 1. each speaker is powered and crossed-over from the amp, 2. the frt and tweeter are powered from the same channel on the amp. I am debating whether to use the crossover for the components and where to feed the crossover from.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

please move to electronics...
Old 01-18-2010, 11:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The speakers should come with passive crossovers, most look like a little box. It also matters how many channels the amp has. Im guessing 2 or 4 channel or u wouldn't be asking this question.

Connect the left front mid and tweet to the left front channel of the amp and use the passive crossovers. right front to right front and so on. When u use the crossovers u want the amp setting on the channel to be full range and the passive crossovers will restrict unwanted signals to the speakers.

You can set the electronic crossover of the amp to high but i find this usually cuts out to much of the midbass. In either case use the passive crossovers and then check the sound with the amp on full range and high range. Find the sound u like

Last edited by flounder; 01-18-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Can anyone confirm if the factory tweeters are run of I the front channel OR if they are powered separately? I am assuming they share the channel...

Quick Reply: Infinity Front / Tweeter wiring