Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Information on Jeep

Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information on Jeep

I found a jeep I really like on Jk-tOOLZ.COM Wondering if having the vin number can get me the build info....date/location.....anybody on this forum have any capabilities to run a vin number and get info on the car. Build date is espescially important. want to see how long the car has been sitting on the lot. Could help me in bargaining.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In NC, the dead give away is the inspection sticker. It seems they get inspected as soon as they get off the truck. When I got my truck it already had 3-4 months on the sticker.

If you have the VIN, you can always try the number where you can check the order status (JT-TALK sticky) and see what you can glean from them. They did ask my name when i checked, so not sure if you can get anywhere there.

Also, I want to say that when I checked one of the VIN decoder sites it may have given me some build info. I'm not sure which one. I did a google search on "VIN Decoder". I could be wrong on this.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Information on Jeep