Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Install Rear Seat Backwards

Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flipped my seat while tailgating all summer. I don't recall if I tried to lock it in, or if I was too scared that it wouldn't unlock when trying, since it's sturdy just resting it backwards in the trunk and I had no intentions of driving around with it like that.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same here ive just set it there or took it out but never locked in. I always going to try but didnt want it to get stuck.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dj1123
More info on this!?!?
Only 2 DR can flip the seat
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and i take it it wont get stuck and it fits locked in? might have to try this weekend or some day soon.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
and i take it it wont get stuck and it fits locked in? might have to try this weekend or some day soon.
Let me know when you lock it in. Im not sure i wanna risk being guinea pig on that one.. this actually sounds pretty cool and never really thought of doing it, let us know if your successful with the locking
Old 11-16-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangomatt

Let me know when you lock it in. Im not sure i wanna risk being guinea pig on that one.. this actually sounds pretty cool and never really thought of doing it, let us know if your successful with the locking
Agreed. Waiting to see...
Old 11-18-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone attempt to lock her down yet? I have flipped the seat but not attempted to lock it.. Anyone attempted with success?? Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangomatt
Anyone attempt to lock her down yet? I have flipped the seat but not attempted to lock it.. Anyone attempted with success?? Thanks
Lock it ya wuss... Then tell me if it works so I can flip mine. lol.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AirJordan613

Same with fairly recent Volvo wagons
Those vehicles were designed to have the rear facing seats from the start. They were also crash tested with that configuration.

That said, the jeep seat belts are not designed to restrain someone if the seat is flipped in a accident. In the event someone was injured you would be hard pressed recover any insurance coverage.

My two cents: don't do it if your going to be driving. In your garage or at a campsite, fine. But not in motion.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by internski

Those vehicles were designed to have the rear facing seats from the start. They were also crash tested with that configuration.

That said, the jeep seat belts are not designed to restrain someone if the seat is flipped in a accident. In the event someone was injured you would be hard pressed recover any insurance coverage.

My two cents: don't do it if your going to be driving. In your garage or at a campsite, fine. But not in motion.
Agreed, there's no need to risk tickets and lawsuits I was thinking more down the campfire and drive in type of thing

Quick Reply: Install Rear Seat Backwards