Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Installing factory tow hooks on factory bumper

Old 07-24-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing factory tow hooks on factory bumper

Hey guys,

Trying to install my factory tow hooks, but the plastic screws on the plastic part of the bumper wont come off. They just strip.

Happens to each one of them

What'd you guys do to get your plastic bumper covering off?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 AM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Plastic screws? Like the ones at the front of the plastic airdam and on top of the horizontal plastic piece in front of the grille?

They're not really so much screws as they're those push-rivet things. Finesse the screw part out a little 'til you can grab it with needlenose pliers or similar.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by gpb
Plastic screws? Like the ones at the front of the plastic airdam and on top of the horizontal plastic piece in front of the grille?

They're not really so much screws as they're those push-rivet things. Finesse the screw part out a little 'til you can grab it with needlenose pliers or similar.
yep yep
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 AM
***erator

I didn't take any of that stuff of. Just the 4 bolts at the ends to remove the plastic. And then the 8 to disconect the metal bumper from the frame. Make sure you fit the hooks and the plastic bumper together before attaching to the frame. I tightened the hooks down then tried to put the plastic on. No go. Now I have to loosen the bolts up and try again.

Quick Reply: Installing factory tow hooks on factory bumper