Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

interior light??? Whats wrong with it?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior light??? Whats wrong with it?

I have a 2007 Sahara unlimited. I just noticed that my interior light no longer works via the switch. It works when the door opens. The light has a "party mode". Your are supposed to be able to turn the dimmer switch to the off position and the interior lights will go off and vice-versa turn the dimmer the other way to turn them on.

I hate to think the dimmer switch is bad already! I bet that thing costs around $100.00.

anyone else have this issue?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it works when you open the door 99% chance its the switch
Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

No, I have been able to use both, with many uses each way.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Freightguy
I have a 2007 Sahara unlimited. I just noticed that my interior light no longer works via the switch. It works when the door opens. The light has a "party mode". Your are supposed to be able to turn the dimmer switch to the off position and the interior lights will go off and vice-versa turn the dimmer the other way to turn them on.

I hate to think the dimmer switch is bad already! I bet that thing costs around $100.00.

anyone else have this issue?

any update on this?? mine is doing the same
Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

bump...........
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you try depressing the light on the... ceiling...

I was just in our 4dr last night. Ours turns either totally on or off. And it is controled through the headlight stalk on the left.

There is no "dimming", which I take to mean different levels of brightness to the light.

If the light does not turn on at all, I would probably try checking the bulb first. When I was younger, I used to replace my interior lights with green and red... because I am just that salty (how did I think that was cool). Point is, it is pretty easy to replace.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sladekos
Did you try depressing the light on the... ceiling...

I was just in our 4dr last night. Ours turns either totally on or off. And it is controled through the headlight stalk on the left.

There is no "dimming", which I take to mean different levels of brightness to the light.

If the light does not turn on at all, I would probably try checking the bulb first. When I was younger, I used to replace my interior lights with green and red... because I am just that salty (how did I think that was cool). Point is, it is pretty easy to replace.

light comes on when the door is open............the instrument panel doesn't dim when you turn the switch......
Old 12-20-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

so no one else has this issue??? guess I'll go to the dealer & see what they say is wrong
Old 12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Check your TPMS

Another member was saying a few days back that his dash lights wouldn't dim when the dial was turned. Ended up being his TPMS sensor was showing low pressure. Once he inflated the tires, the dash light diming functionality came back...

Not sure if this would have an impact to your dome light, but this appears to affect the dash lights...

Quick Reply: interior light??? Whats wrong with it?