Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jack Points

Old 06-19-2011, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack Points

I am sure this has been covered numerous times. For some reason though the search did not seem to turn up what I was looking for.

What are the proper floor jack / jack points for doing a tire rotation or changing diff covers? I check the users manual and there was not picture showing the points. Is it correct that we just jack from the axel tubes placing the jack closest to the wheel? when using the jack stands do I just position them closest to the floor jack place the jack stand and the. Move to the other side and repeat?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got it right, jack on the axle tubes. The owner's manual even has a picture pointing to where specifically for front and rear axles. My interpretation of the picture is to jack at the lower control arm mount on the tube up front, and just inboard of the shock mounts on the axle tube out back.

It's in the what to do in emergencies section, page 445ish.

Lots of guys jack from the pumpkin to get the jackstands under so you don't have to jack so many times. I see no reason that would be a problem if you have a suitable jack and good placement.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Our Jeeps have so much articulation I don't think you can take wheels off any other way than pumpkin or axle tubes with stock or short jacks.

When I did my lift and lifted frame to place jack stands, we had to jack for days!!!

Pumpkin or axle tube. Block helps to avoid metal on metal. Always be careful and safe. Jacks can slip. Block wheels etc before you start jacking.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

I tried reviewing the full electronic version of the manual on my iPad but the illustrations showing the jack points were blank. I will try to few it on my computer and see if the illustrations show up. Thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

axle tubes or pumpkin will work. It's a jeep don't be afraid you won't hurt it too bad.

Quick Reply: Jack Points