Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep Islander returns in 2010!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeep Islander returns in 2010!

Next to the Liberty Renegade, the second special edition jeep will present at the Detroit Auto Show is the Wrangler Islander Edition available for both Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited 4x4 models. The price for the Jeep Wrangler Islander option package is $1,120.

Jeep Wrangler Islander is featured in unique Surf Blue Pearl Coat, and is also available in Stone White Clear Coat, Bright Sliver Metallic Clear Coat and Brilliant Black Crystal Clear Coat. The model is distinguished by “Tiki Bob” decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates that represent an actual location relating to the “Islander” theme of the vehicle, blackside steps and popular Moab 17-inch wheels shod with 32-inch tires.

After more than 20 years, the unique Islander theme returns to Jeep.

The limited-edition Jeep Wrangler Islander is available on Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited 4x4 models. Based on the Wrangler Sport model, the Islander’s unique beach theme conveys open-air fun at first and every glance.

Jeep Wrangler Islander is featured in unique Surf Blue Pearl Coat, and is also available in Stone White Clear Coat, Bright Sliver Metallic Clear Coat and Brilliant Black Crystal Clear Coat.

Other exterior features include an Islander “Tiki Bob” decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates that represent an actual location relating to the “Islander” theme of the vehicle, blackside steps and popular Moab 17-inch wheels shod with 32-inch tires.

Inside, Islander’s seats are Dark Gray with Surf Blue inserts, blue stitching and an embroidered Islander “Tiki Bob” logo adorning the seat back. Blue stitching also has been added to the leather-wrapped steering wheel, with Mopar® rubber floor mats completing the beach theme.

The Jeep Wrangler Islander option package is available at a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1,120.

Larger Wallpaper size photos here

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/jeep/20...n-ar83573.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-jeep-wrangler-island_800x0w.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	35099   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-jeep-wrangler-island-2_800x0w.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	35100  
Old 01-08-2010, 05:28 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the color & the half doors

the Tiki seat covers could grow on me too.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sure is one expensive sticker...
Old 01-08-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Cool but i want to be the one deciding what and were the stickers go. Makes it more unique
Old 01-08-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GP3.8
That sure is one expensive sticker...
Well, consideing the Rubi Tire Package on a Sport is $999 by itself, then throw in the side steps and slush mats, as well as the custom interior, it's really a good price for what you're getting.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
Well, consideing the Rubi Tire Package on a Sport is $999 by itself, then throw in the side steps and slush mats, as well as the custom interior, it's really a good price for what you're getting.
Good point and I agree. I guess in my thinking(scary), if they called it the "Islander package" then I wouldn't really think anything of it. However, they refer to it as a new Edition. I mean, the only thing that it seems to differentiate between any other model are the seats and the sticker. Sure the Rubi tire pkg, side steps, and mats makes it a good deal, but they're not unique to the vehicle itself as you can get side steps and mats for any other model. The Rubicon is the only one to be a true 'unique' edition as it offers better off-road capability.

Now if they included a dancing hula girl, then it would truly be a new edition.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

.......but that's just me.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default BF Goodrich KM?

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
Well, considering the Rubi Tire Package on a Sport is $999 by itself, then throw in the side steps and slush mats, as well as the custom interior, it's really a good price for what you're getting.
I was thinking that too. However, it only stated it came with Rubicon rims, not necessarily the BF Goodrich KM tires.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HAOLE
just needs a rainbow sticker
Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Really ugly

the answer to the question no one asked. But that's my view, not everyone's -one man's trash, another's treasure, etc. Brought to you by Fiat, the company that failed miserably in the USA in the past and is trying their luck again (unfortunately, with Jeep).

Quick Reply: Jeep Islander returns in 2010!