Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep took three tries to start?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone tell me if the amazon link I posted a few posts up is the correct yellowtop for a JK?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno about that, but I will tell you I got a Duralast from AutoZone for $100. 800 cold cranking amps, 8 yr warranty. They pro rate after so many years, I think the first 3 is free replacement. I'd much rather be able to get one local than order one. If you had to send it back, think about shipping, I dunno, unless an optima dealer close by takes them back.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toad
Thanks. Just posted in it.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the random no start months ago, but the Jeep was flashed for something else so I assumed it might be corrected. A couple days ago it did it again, but then started up normally on the next try. Not sure what is up with the electrical gremlins on these JKs. Yours may indeed be battery related, especially since heat is pretty stressful on them.

Quick Reply: Jeep took three tries to start?