Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep went crazy

Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep went crazy

I did not even get a hundred feet before the horn going off wipers going on high every light on the dash coming on and barely running it stop a few seconds later and started back up again doing the same thing but this time stalling and now it wont crank

I had to disconnect the battery to get everything to stop moving and sounding off.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

I did connect the battery back but it wont start now so we shall see
Old 07-17-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

This happend to me two months ago. It's your battery. At first I thought it was a computer problem...

Funny how on any other vehilce, if you have a bad battery, it simply won't turn over. However, the JK is sensitive and it goes nuts trying to tell you that it's time to replace the juice box!

Go to your dealer explain the situation and they'll replace the battery for you.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

are u telling us that if your battery goes low the jeep will freak out
Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

I dont know that weird that a bad battery would do that. Its at the dealer now of course it started right up at the dealer. They are going to look at it tomorrow and see if it the tpim or what ever the problem is.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Now DONT quote me on this........

But I remember reading on another forum about a Mom who's son's JK did something like this...She was told by members that if the Sentry system has been activated for whatever reason (i.e. the alarm went off) then the wipers will squirt when you get in and start it up.

I have Noooooooooooo idea if its true: although stranger things could have come from the Chysler minds
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

I dont know about that I have set mine off before and it never did that when I went to start it up. I know it never went off yesterday

only wierd thing that it did was when I went to unlock the doors to get in it honk real quick

not talking about the lound honk as locking it but just a real quick light honk
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Beleive me... I went through this!

I'd love to here the outcome, but my bet is on the battery. I too was surprised to see the lights flashing, wipers on, idiot lights flashing (?and crackling?) dome alarm chimming and worse yet, I could smell somthing burned...

The explanation (from the dealer) was that the JK was a voltage sensitive machine and these were all symptoms of a bad battery. Once the battery was replaced, all was well again!

When I first posted a thread on this forum, for help, I was told to hire a great exocist!!!

I would bet good money that it'll be a battery problem.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

they are replaing the tmpi or what ever its called sensor the thing about it I told them the last time to replace it
Old 07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have to eat me words! ...It wasn't a battery problem huh? Interesting!

Quick Reply: Jeep went crazy