Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep Wont Start

Old 04-08-2009, 10:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Set it on fire and get a new one. This maybe why we have the jk's catching on fire every once in awhile
Old 05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp with no thanks to jeep, i have my jeep running again. took a road trip and picked up engine and trans for 1300 bucks and threw it in there. damage was not bad to motor, broke 1 rod bent another, block and crank are fine. jeep dealer should have offered to replace the 2 pistons/rods instead of a reman block-not crate motor. but i will be able to sell engine once i rebuild it and trans/ecm and recoop some of my money.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about you yesterday while watching mudding videos on YouTube.

Everything working ok now?
Old 05-10-2009, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08unlimitedrubix
Welp with no thanks to jeep, i have my jeep running again. took a road trip and picked up engine and trans for 1300 bucks and threw it in there. damage was not bad to motor, broke 1 rod bent another, block and crank are fine. jeep dealer should have offered to replace the 2 pistons/rods instead of a reman block-not crate motor. but i will be able to sell engine once i rebuild it and trans/ecm and recoop some of my money.
Not trying to be a jerk but you sucked wated into the engine out wheeling so why would you even think any dealer would fix it for free?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a part of wheelin, not the fun part but it happens. It doesn' mater what vehicle you drive, you suck up water and your out for a rebuild. I don't know how any one could even think of trying to get warrenty, insurance maybe because you pay for that, but warrenty. just the price we pay to have some fun.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what happen with calling insurance company?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

i called insurance company and they got me the check for what the dealer wanted to fix it and i went and picked up the motor and fixed it myself
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i called insurance company and they got me the check for what the dealer wanted to fix it and i went and picked up the motor and fixed it myself
ah cool deal, so money for mods left over
Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice, thanks for the update. I remember reading this a month ago and was wondering what ended up happening. Glad you decided to keep the jeep.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wont Start