Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep Wouldn’t Unlock, Now Won’t Start With Alarm System Activated

Old 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wouldn’t Unlock, Now Won’t Start With Alarm System Activated

Went to unlock my 2012 4D Wrangler and nothing happened. Thought maybe the key fob had died, so I manually unlocked it with the key in the door, which set the alarm off. Tried starting it, all accessories, AC, etc turn on, but not even a click from the starter, all while the alarm is still going off. Disconnected the battery to turn off the alarm and try and figure out some other fixes. Long story short, eventually tried jumping the battery, still nothing, found my spare key, also doesn’t do anything. I did notice the alarm system is still on when trying to start it, but I have tried to lock and unlock the door manually as suggested online to turn off the alarm and still nothing. Autozone tested the battery and said it was in good health, but 0% charge, suggested alternator was bad, however, I feel that the alarm system is somehow locking the engine from starting personally because no matter what I do, I can’t get the alarm system to shut off, which is odd. Trying to get some more opinions/ideas before we tow it all the way to a shop and have to pay for a diagnostic tomorrow. Anything is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Jeep Wouldn’t Unlock, Now Won’t Start With Alarm System Activated