Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK 2 Door Backseat Dimensions?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK 2 Door Backseat Dimensions?

Does anyone know the dimensions of a JK 2 Door Backseat when it is in the folded position. I am trying to figure this out for shipping purposes. I do not have one, I want one. I Need to know how much it would cost to package and ship based upon its dimensions folded up.

Thank you,

Ryan
Old 04-30-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll go measure mine. Just so you know it's kind of heavy.

Edit: 14Dx42Lx26H.

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-30-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

I've read a couple of other posts that stated it weighed between 67 and 70 pounds. Does that sound correct to you?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I'll go measure mine. Just so you know it's kind of heavy.

Edit: 14Dx42Lx26H.
Is the folded seat loose or does it have room to be compressed down to like 23 or 24 inches tall with like a bungee cord or something. I have found a uhaul grand wardrobe box that is 48x21x24. If I could make it 42Lx14Dx24H I think it could work. If it could fit in there that would be ideal because it only costs like $12 and it is a very thick and strong box.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It'll be tight. You may be able to use ratcheting straps to compress it more but I don't know if you can get it that small with metal feet and all. And those figures aren't exact as there's not much room in the back to measure but they're pretty darn close. I also have trek armor seat covers on them. I'd say about 70 pounds is right. I don't want to tell you it would fit and then have it not. Maybe you should try to find one locally that you can compress and re-measure.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
It'll be tight. You may be able to use ratcheting straps to compress it more but I don't know if you can get it that small with metal feet and all. And those figures aren't exact as there's not much room in the back to measure but they're pretty darn close. I also have trek armor seat covers on them. I'd say about 70 pounds is right. I don't want to tell you it would fit and then have it not. Maybe you should try to find one locally that you can compress and re-measure.
Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: JK 2 Door Backseat Dimensions?