Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

JK exhaust diameter

Old 11-03-2006, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JK exhaust diameter

Anyone know what the single exhaust diameter on the JK is between the cats and muffler? How about the 2 individual pipes right after the cats (if I wanted to run a true dual exhaust setup)?:confused:
Old 11-04-2006, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Careful with this. A lot of engines lose low end torque by opening up the exhaust.

For example the Chevy 5.3 I used to have made better low end power with a single 3" pipe with a Magnaflow muffler than with 2 of the same muffler set up as true duals.

I would just hate to see someone throw a lot of money at dual exhaust when a single would work better.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

My buddy just bought a new JK today, threw a caliper on his exhaust, and it measures 2.5".
Old 11-08-2006, 03:08 PM
pik
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait 'til some aftermaeket companies do some R&D w/ dyno testing. I'm sure there will be some cat-back systems out sooner than later.

Quick Reply: JK exhaust diameter