Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK Rubicon Front axle Quadratec side diffrential bearings vs OEM? BIG $$ difference.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Rubicon Front axle Quadratec side diffrential bearings vs OEM? BIG $$ difference.

Anybody know the difference between them?

Quadratec is $59.99 and all the other sites that are "OEM" are running around the $140 to $160. Quadratec's says "kit" so it sounds like both sides and not one.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I just called my local dealer, and they said they could have it tomorrow for "only" $174!

I have never actually done the bearing pull and install myself. I have pulled lots of diff's and even a ring and pinion once, but had somebody else pull and press the bearings.

Do I really need both if I am only pulling one off?

My front locker is not working and I am doing the Elocker fix by shimming it with notched Dana 60 shims, which requires pulling one side. I assume I can just do the one side? That would leave me other one to sell so someone doing the same fix! Or I could buy someone's spare if anyone as one?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For bearings and such i dont usualy go cheap i go for the well known quality brands even if they are more expencive.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
For bearings and such i dont usualy go cheap i go for the well known quality brands even if they are more expencive.
I totally agree! Just wondered if anyone knew the differences or had experiences.

Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: JK Rubicon Front axle Quadratec side diffrential bearings vs OEM? BIG $$ difference.