Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Key In Ignition beep when my key is not in the ignition

Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key In Ignition beep when my key is not in the ignition

Another issue I seem to be having with my brand new 2013 JKU Sahara. Problem started last Saturday. I was driving home from a fishing trip when I realized the red alarm light was blinking intermittently, as if the alarm was still active while I was driving. I thought this was weird until I turned off the car and got out. The beeping started and the message popped up that the key was still in the ignition, when it was most definitely not. I cycled the key through the on-off positions a few times but nothing. When I went to get out of the car finally, it would not let me lock the doors (I'm assuming because it still thought the key was inside).

For the last week it has been intermittently warning me about the key in the ignition. I tried switching keys but that hasn't helped. Not sure what I should do or if it's just time to take her back to the dealer. Any thoughts?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are your lights on?
Old 05-04-2013, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Under warranty, take it back to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Key In Ignition beep when my key is not in the ignition