Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Keyless Remote not working

Old 03-21-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same problem here with both my fobs. Only happens some times but a pain the ass. Looks like I am trying to steal my own car.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had this intermittently too. Last weekend one key wouldn't even start the Jeep (or shut off the alarm). Luckely we had both keys there and the other worked.

I'm sitting at the dealer now while it gets checked out. Unfortunatly both keys are working today. We'll see how this goes...
Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same problem with both fobs. Have replaced both batteries & looked at the contacts, all appears to be intact.

The fact that so many people are having the same issue, and the fob works after you put it back into the ignition and start the vehicle tells me there is an issue with the wireless control module.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:25 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Default How-To Tuesday

Good topic for today's How-To Tuesday...
https://www.jk-forum.com/how-tos/a/j...-issues-408040
Old 04-06-2019, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default Random Key Fob Issue

2017 JKU Rubicon same issue with the key fob here and the vehicle is only One year old. Just happened to me again last night. Other issues The damn radio resets when it feels like, on occasion my power windows just refuse to work and the check engine light appears and leaves whenever it wants. Fan runs at max speed in sub freezing temps and concurrent with the temp gauge not working. The dealer keeps on saying bring it in when it is malfunctioning. WTF.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

I've got a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport V6 that was running rough and throwing misfire error codes. I changed the spark plugs—same part, gapped, torqued to 15lb with a torque wrench. The old plugs were definitely worn, and the car has been running better.

But within a couple days, it threw the P300 misfire code again. I did clear the codes, so it seems to be a new occurrence. It hasn't indicated a cylinder, no P301, P304, just P300 "random misfire."

This vehicle doesn't have plug wires, exactly. The plugs each have their own ignition coil right on top.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

See my post from today "Power Locks Issue". If the switches on the door don't lock then try what I said in my post. Actually it was called "Power Windows Issue" but really refers to power locks. Hopefully it works for you.

Last edited by Sixty4x4; 08-31-2020 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

While there are a few different reasons that a keyless entry remote might stop working, most of them are pretty easy to check yourself. The most common problem with these car key fobs is that the batteries just go dead over time, in which case replacing the battery should fix the problem
Old 02-24-2022, 01:13 AM
JK Newbie

The most common problem with these car key fobs is that the batteries go dead over time, in which case replacing the battery should fix the problem. ... Take the key fob apart and check for broken contacts or misaligned buttons. Reprogram your remote yourself or have a professional do it. Replace your remote if necessary. vidmateinstagram video download

Last edited by leahvid; 02-24-2022 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default Does not work when the Jeep has been off a period of time

My remote start does not work after the Jeep has been off for awhile. I drive it, park and then try to start and then it works. Could this be an indication that my battery is going and
does not have a min amount of volts to use the remote?

Quick Reply: Keyless Remote not working