Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kinked lines going to evap purge solenoid - a problem?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinked lines going to evap purge solenoid - a problem?

After doing the Benchmark Designs dual battery tray install I found that the hard plastic hoses that connect to the evap purge solenoid have kinks in them. This is due to relocating the solenoid between the batteries and the fuse box.

I was wondering if I can replace these hard lines with soft rubber lines? I was wanting to mount the solenoid at the fender so it is not free hanging or zip tied to the fuse box lid (get in the way of opening). These are just vacuum lines right?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump! Wondering this as well. Did the exact same thing and now the purge solenoid is just kinda flopping around and looks like poop.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It tucks down between the TIPM and batteries and is pretty easy to zip tie to the TIPM brackets. If you orient it carefully, kinked lines shouldn't be a problem.

Quick Reply: Kinked lines going to evap purge solenoid - a problem?