Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

LCA Axle braket source?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA Axle braket source?

I had an accident that insurance may not cover. I crushed the bracket welded to the axle that the LCA connects to. I assume these brackets can be purchased, but have not been able to find reference to one anywhere online. If insurance doesn't cover, I plan to buy the bracket (if I can find it), cut the old one off, grind it smooth and weld the new one in.

Also, I am wondering: Would a collision shop handle the same way, or would they replace the axle?
I ask because my other thought is to buy a new axle complete and sell the old one. I figure I can get decent money for someone to buy a D44 front axle for something other than a JK, who's going to slice the brackets anyway. It would simplify my end of it too.

Thoughts or help on locating the bracket?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could be wrong but I've never seen housing brackets available separately....
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

well, i can find a part number for the upper, but not the lower axle mount for a control arm. I would look at aftermarket, i know companies (i think rubicon express) makes weld on brackets for the TJ and they might make them for the JK, if not, the TJ ones should work, but you'd have to weld both on to make them match. Otherwise, if you're willing to weld in it yourself, why don't you pry them back into place, and well some supports onto it.

Good luck
Old 08-27-2008, 12:37 AM
JK Newbie

Try Ballistic Fabrication. they make all kinds of link mounts.

Quick Reply: LCA Axle braket source?