Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Leather seats in a jeep?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather seats in a jeep?

Hey Fellas, (and ladies)

Anyone swap out the fabric seats for leather? Or....anyone just get the factory leather option (Looking at Sahara owners)??

Do you love them?

When the top is off and it is sitting in the sun do you lose a layer of skin every time you get in and sit back down on them? If so...do people look at you weird while you scream?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

I have a Sahara but didn't consider leather. Leather in a Jeep didn't make sense to me, kind of like wiping your bum with a silk hanky I guess. But I suppose it would make the seats easier to wipe down.

I've had leather in several other vehicles, and I do like the way it smelled after conditioning the seats... kind of like a new baseball glove.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

I was at the dealer a couple days ago and saw that a lot of the 09's on the lot had leater...or imitation leather anyway....I didn't really look that close. I was kinda suprised to see it as an option to be honest.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Real clean looking ride bro. I like the matching hardtop.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JN_Rubicon
Real clean looking ride bro. I like the matching hardtop.
I'm pretty sure Dubya posted those pics sarcasticly, that isn't his Jeep.

To the OP, check out some of the builds done by Camp Crocker. He has used Katzkins brand leather kits before. Screaming Lizard has also posted pics of some kits they have used in the JK, just do a search.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poor jeep!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:49 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

I have the leather in my Sahara. The Jeep was a demo when purchased so it has every option available but leather wouldn't have been something I'd consider if purchasing the Jeep new. This is the first vehicle I own with leather and I'm really liking it so far. In regards to how hot they get in the summer, I'll have to wait and see. I bought the Jeep in mid February so all I can comment on is how many times I thought I had frost bite on my a$# after sitting for 5 minutes in the dead of winter. I'm very happy with the quality of leather and how easy they are to clean and I was surprised to find out that the seats are made by Katzkin. Only dislike I have is that given the seats are 2-tone, the inner light grey picks-up the blue coloring off of my jeans fairly easy but some 303 helps prevent that.

So to answer your question, yes I'm loving the leather and sure I'd recommend it but just don't tell anyone here cause you won't hear the end of it
Old 05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poor Jeep!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dubya
This baby has leather in it- hard-core pimpin', bay-bay! You gotta take off your shoes before you get in and slide behind the wheel of this sled...

i don't know about that hard-core pimpin',but the passenger roof panel has to leak...
Old 05-07-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dubya
This baby has leather in it- hard-core pimpin', bay-bay! You gotta take off your shoes before you get in and slide behind the wheel of this sled...

i think i can see it crying....

Quick Reply: Leather seats in a jeep?