Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Less than 300 miles and leaking!!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Don't you think you're being a little harsh? I don't know that this is so much a case of "people can't do their jobs right" as it is that DCX is struggling valiantly to try to meet demand in a reasonable timeframe, so that people don't have to consistently wait 6 months for a new Wrangler... and granted, more mistakes will happen in "rush" mode. That doesn't mean that the workers at the plant in Toledo can't do their jobs right.

Using that same logic, I bet you'd argue that the reason Toyota's and Honda's build quality is going downhill is because they're moving more assembly jobs over to the US, and the US workers can't do good work...

in opposition to your previous statement... DCX is at fault b/c of the "rush mode"... i waited for my jeep several months and so far have had NO problems at all. I agree they are trying to make the process faster so more people can get their jeeps sooner, but if the shell out a shitload of new JK with lots of issues to lots of people, people are less likely to buy from them in the future or recommend other to DC for vehicles. I hope that made some sense...

bottomline, guy at my dealership told me the wait could be from 1 month to 9 months... that didnt deter me at all from purchasing my Jk... and it didnt deter the 36 people that had pruchased in front of me. I would rather WAIT for a quality item than be NEXT DAY DELIVERED a sack of shit. But, to each his/her own. I waited and mine was built before this huge rush... so far, no issues... i am happy...

AND

regarding Toyota and Honda's, never owned them or really worked on them so i do not know much about their current status. However, I can and will argue that Mercedes quality is going downhill b/c most are being produced over here now and with cheaper parts. My first benz (USED) was imported from Germany, 300K with nothing but oil changes and the occasional fluid flush and brake, wipers, etc. Bought my second mercedes (NEW)... domestic production... electrical issues, mechanical, grinding, blah blah blah... sold it, bought my third mercedes (again NEW)... domestic built... similar issues, but better than the second one.

And in conclusion...

I dont mean to offend anyone, and perhaps it is not the people, but DCX is going to hurt their customer base by rapidly building these JK's... i will venture to say that the '08 will sell less primarily b/c of Word of Mouth people saying "mine has all kinds of problems"

Bottomline, I would never have this conversation:

"hey nice car!"
"thanks... but its a POS and has all kinds of problems.. i regret buying it"
"that sucks, oh well, I guess i will go buy one now!!"
"how much?"
"25,000K"
"thats a pretty good price for a car that has lots of problems... at least you didnt spend 68,000K like me on my last benz... talk about a POS"

Respectfully,

07JKX
Old 03-20-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
in opposition to your previous statement... DCX is at fault b/c of the "rush mode"... i waited for my jeep several months and so far have had NO problems at all. I agree they are trying to make the process faster so more people can get their jeeps sooner, but if the shell out a shitload of new JK with lots of issues to lots of people, people are less likely to buy from them in the future or recommend other to DC for vehicles. I hope that made some sense...

bottomline, guy at my dealership told me the wait could be from 1 month to 9 months... that didnt deter me at all from purchasing my Jk... and it didnt deter the 36 people that had pruchased in front of me. I would rather WAIT for a quality item than be NEXT DAY DELIVERED a sack of shit. But, to each his/her own. I waited and mine was built before this huge rush... so far, no issues... i am happy...

AND

regarding Toyota and Honda's, never owned them or really worked on them so i do not know much about their current status. However, I can and will argue that Mercedes quality is going downhill b/c most are being produced over here now and with cheaper parts. My first benz (USED) was imported from Germany, 300K with nothing but oil changes and the occasional fluid flush and brake, wipers, etc. Bought my second mercedes (NEW)... domestic production... electrical issues, mechanical, grinding, blah blah blah... sold it, bought my third mercedes (again NEW)... domestic built... similar issues, but better than the second one.

And in conclusion...

I dont mean to offend anyone, and perhaps it is not the people, but DCX is going to hurt their customer base by rapidly building these JK's... i will venture to say that the '08 will sell less primarily b/c of Word of Mouth people saying "mine has all kinds of problems"

Bottomline, I would never have this conversation:

"hey nice car!"
"thanks... but its a POS and has all kinds of problems.. i regret buying it"
"that sucks, oh well, I guess i will go buy one now!!"
"how much?"
"25,000K"
"thats a pretty good price for a car that has lots of problems... at least you didnt spend 68,000K like me on my last benz... talk about a POS"

Respectfully,

07JKX
Point well taken, and I agree that the now-infamous "leaking top" issue, squeaking body, stall bug, and host of other reported problems is certainly enough to make the average buyer wary of a JK. Having said that, I too have been lucky enough to have NO problems with my JK whatsoever.

As far as '08 models finding less of a demand because of these problems, I think it may actually be the opposite. I've seen numerous users of this forum state that they were letting the lot of us play "guinea pig" so that DCX could work out all the bugs, and then will buy an '08 that (ostensibly) would have all these "bugs" worked out. In reality, they're probably not in a position to purchase an '07 at the moment, or are perhaps holding their breath fo a HEMI option that won't be forthcoming in the next model year. But I agree - outside of the Jeep-loyalist community, these well-documented issues ARE going to hurt the brand image.

Quick Reply: Less than 300 miles and leaking!!!!