Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question

Old 05-09-2022, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ended up doing the swap. I started to purchase a Mopar 2" leveling kit and had games away getting it became a mess and in the middle of it all they discontinued the kit. I tried and tried to get it but couldn't. So for now I hav installed the springs that were on a 4-door Rubicon. These are 17/58's along with a set of Red shocks that were on it too. Only had about 4k miles on them and then were stored in a garage.

Those yellow springs I still have no idea what they were but he ride was harsh and half of the time I was riding directly on the bump stops in the rear and just off them up front. Means each and every time I hit a bump I was banging into them. This, of course, made all of the bumps worse. Also the shocks were so compressed that you could feel floating on the rear springs and they didn't do much. Fo know that is fixed.

The 17/58 springs and shocks were actually a very good upgrade. I already run the stock tires at 32psi. and with this setup the ride was surprisingly good. I have been looking at an aftermarket lift and now wonder if I should bother. I like going out and finding a path but realized I am not going to do it as much as i thought. Also, the Jeep will spend more of its' time as a toad to my motorhome and then being local transportation.

My control arms are nearly level and I just need to install some longer sway bar end links up front. The front axle is off to the drivers side by about 1/2" so I may get a trackball to adjust it. While it is very close looking under my jeep I am not comfortable with the flex the stock unit does when turning the wheel. Out back, the rear axle is nearly dead on being off by 1/8" at most. The rear links need adjustment as well but are not that bad. I'll get some JKS adjustable ones to resolve that. The only thing i am thinking at this point is maybe changing the shocks to something aftermarket. Looking at fox 2.0 or something along those lines. I do need an alignment but I needed one before i did this anyway. The steering is not bad but just needs a slight tweak. Overall pretty happy.

Before with whatever lowering springs these were.

After springs installed.

Quick Reply: Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question