Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leveling kits?

Old 11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kits?

Does anybody have leveling kits on your jeep? I am thinking about getting one just until I get enough money to buy a nice lift and tires...pros and cons would be useful let me know thanks
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ckoceja4
Does anybody have leveling kits on your jeep? I am thinking about getting one just until I get enough money to buy a nice lift and tires...pros and cons would be useful let me know thanks
Try searching the forum. There are a number of these threads.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a thread I like to go back too.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...s-info-190689/

I have a TF leveling kit and very happy with it. In addition, I added 18/59 coils and Rubi shocks. Leveling kits (pucks) do not change the ride. They are an inexpensive way for you to get a slight light whether for added tire clearance or say a slight sag from a heavy bumper with a winch. I did see a difference on the Rubi shocks vs the sport shocks and would highly recommend changing those out as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131010_203758.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	510955
Old 11-12-2013, 01:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the teraflex spacer leveling kit on my jeep now, I love the stance. I am replacing it with the Eibach leveling springs from quadratec because my stock springs have sagged in the rear a bit. Nice thing about the eibach springs is they are progressive wound where as other leveling springs are linear. I dont want any more lift than what i have now, but I want a better spring than stock. I am also using monroe reflex monotube shocks which made a HUGE improvement in ride and handling. If you go with teraflex for leveling or whatnot, replace the swaybar links with something else, the bushing setup they use is absolute garbage. They have customer service that is second to none, but I am on my 4th bushing replacement now. They sent me updated links as well with new joints in one end, but the other end still has the same bushings and guess what, they are wore out again. Other than that quibble, their stuff is solid.

You can't really go wrong with any quality part for the jeep. All companies for the most part have good solid products. This is just my expereience.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Another vote for TF level kit, 2"/1" spacer lift. Just enough lift (and LEVEL) to say hey that's not stock. No rub issues, and ride is the same if not better....but I think the tires helped with the ride.

No complaints with this kit, great price, did what it said it would, recommended.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody got pics? Show them off.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I responded to your other thread but in case you don't see it.
Ordered Eibach Springs and Rancho 9000xl - Jeep Wrangler Forum
I did,

and like I replyed to you the manufacturer stated they are progressive. NOT quadratec.

I am still going to get them and run them
Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks everybody I think I'm getting it, I saw the budget boost kit which is more like a coil spring spacer for 150? Anybody have that other than buying all new springs? This leveling kit probably won't stay on long because I'm getting a suspension lift soon along with new rims and tires so I'm trying to go cheap for now but still get a little clearance
Old 11-13-2013, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ckoceja4
Thanks everybody I think I'm getting it, I saw the budget boost kit which is more like a coil spring spacer for 150? Anybody have that other than buying all new springs? This leveling kit probably won't stay on long because I'm getting a suspension lift soon along with new rims and tires so I'm trying to go cheap for now but still get a little clearance
You are a bright fella! Great thinking!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a TF level kit and love the stance and clearance i did not change springs but did change shocks and lsway bar links it could be my tires but I disagree with everyone else and it could be they have 4 dr and I have a 2 dr or it could be the springs or that they are running a softer tire, but me personally i feel like the ride was worse its a little stiffer then stock to me but worth the looks and clearance and its a jeep not a caddy with that said i do plan on putting same height lift on when I get the money i love the 2.5" mark love the stance an clearance and not flighty... But a real lift will give better ride quality...

Quick Reply: Leveling kits?