Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on all Jeeps!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler introduces lifetime powertrain warranty

I have an 08 on order and now I might get a lifetime powertrain warranty. I hope the JK or specifically the Rubicon on are not exempt from this.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chrysler...-warranty.html

"In a move designed to boost both sales and consumer confidence, Chrysler announced today that it will be offering a lifetime limited powertrain warranty on most new Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep models.

Although specific details weren't released, the warranty covers powertrain components: engine, transmission and drive system, according to Chrysler. The warranty is limited to the first buyer or lessee of a new Chrysler and cannot be transfered.

To continue the warranty, the owner must have the vehicle inspected at a dealership every five years - within 60 days of the anniversary. Chrysler says that the inspections will be free.

The lifetime powertrain warranty program begins with vehicles delivered tomorrow - July 26. Chrysler hasn't released specifically what vehicles apply for coverage other than saying that "most" Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep models will be covered."
Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not to belabor the subject, but there were a lot of threads over the last many months where people said there was no advantage to waiting for an 08. Assuming this news is true, this is more than a major advantage. I was going to order one this last winter and decided to wait for the 08. I am sure glad I did now.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

There will always be exceptions to lifetime warranty claims. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually turned out to be worse than what was offered on the 07's.

That every 5 year inspection will be used to compile a list of all the mods done by the owner. Big tires? sorry, you just voided the warrant on the axles. CAI? No engine warranty, sorry. The denied warranty list will match every mod.

I wanna see the fine print before I get pissed, us 07 buyers may be better off...
Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Old 07-26-2007, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on all Jeeps!

For any Jeep purchased on July 26th, 2007 the factory is including a lifetime powertrain warranty free of charge.

Here are the details:

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY

2006 Model Year Vehicles and 2007 Model Year Vehicles and 2008 Model Year Vehicles
Sold and Delivered On or After July 26, 2007

Supplement to the 2006 and the 2007 and the 2008 Model Year
Warranty Information Books
At the expiration of the 3 year/36,000 mile Basic Limited Warranty, DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC extends to the original purchaser or retail lessee of
each 2006 model year, 2007 model year and 2008 model year Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicle sold and delivered on or after July 26, 2007 limited powertrain
warranty for the lifetime of that original purchaser or retail lessee.
LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY

A. Who is Covered?
You are covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are the first registered owner or lessee for use of the vehicle. Subsequent owners or
lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not covered. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle is transferred by
operation of law are also not covered.
B. What’s Covered
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a powertrain component listed in section E below that is
defective in workmanship and materials. There is no coverage for towing in the event of disablement.
C. When It Begins
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty begins at the end of the Basic Limited Warranty.
D. Excluded Vehicles
SRT vehicles, Sprinter vehicles, diesel equipped vehicles, all Ram Cab/Chassis vehicles, rental vehicles and government vehicles are not covered. Vehicles
used as a police vehicle, taxi, limousine, postal delivery vehicle, or ambulance are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty.
E. Parts Covered
The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and components of your vehicle’s powertrain supplied by DaimlerChrysler Motors
Company LLC:
Gasoline Engine:
cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears and sprockets; vibration
damper; oil pump; water pump and housing; intake and exhaust manifolds; flywheel with starter ring gear; core plugs; valve covers; oil pan; turbocharger
housing and internal parts; turbocharger wastegate actuator; supercharger; serpentine belt tensioner; seals and gaskets for listed components only.

Transmission:
transmission case and all internal parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission range switch; transmission control module; bell
housing; oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY
TIME.

Front Wheel Drive:
transaxle case and all internal parts; axle shaft assemblies; constant velocity joints and boots; differential cover; oil pan; transaxle
speed sensors; transaxle solenoid assembly; PRNDL position switch; transaxle electronic controller; torque converter; seals and gaskets for listed
components only. NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.

All Wheel Drive (AWD):
power transfer unit and all internal parts; viscous coupler; axle housing and all internal parts; constant velocity joints and boots;
driveshaft and axle shaft assemblies; differential carrier assembly and all internal parts; output ball bearing; output flange; end cover; overrunning clutch;
vacuum motor; torque tube; pinion spacer and shim, seals and gaskets for listed components only.

Rear Wheel Drive:
rear axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shaft assemblies; drive shaft center bearings; universal
joints and yokes; seals and gaskets for listed components only.

Four-Wheel Drive (4X4):
transfer case and all internal parts; transfer case control module and shift mode motor assembly; axle housing and all internal
parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shafts assemblies (front and rear); drive shaft center bearings; universal joints and yokes; disconnect housing
assembly; seals and gaskets for the listed components only.

F. When Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty Does Not Apply
You are not covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are a second or subsequent owner of the vehicle.
G. Inspections
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain
inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection
must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue
this coverage.
H. Other Provisions of This Powertrain Limited Warranty
All other terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty including the Section 1 (Your Rights Under These Limited Warranties) and Section 3 (What’s Not
Covered) apply to this Powertrain Limited Warranty.
This document supplements the warranties and conditions described in the vehicle’s Warranty Information book.
No other coverages are altered or extended based on this supplement.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No longer a rumor:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/26/b...rain-warranty/

Lifetime powertrain warranty
Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Of course, if you purchased your Jeep before this you can purchase this plan for the next 60 days at a discount. Contact your dealer.

For the next 60 days pricing is $750 for $100 deductible and $900 for $0 deductible. After September 30th the price goes to $1500 and $1800 on the plans.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great news, isn't it Jeff? Man, if this doesn't boost sales for you I don't know what will (besides an abundance of JK's). Congrats!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jeff! I'm going to merge this into the thread that has already been started on this.

I've also gotta say that it's a bit lame that they are offering it based on purchase date. If they are going to cover vehicles built as far back as 2006, they should offer it to everyone who already has those models... IMHO.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the information. I am so bummed that my JK didn't come with this, but I am going to seriously think about buying the coverage. Is the pricing good at Don-a-Vee only, or at all dealers?

Quick Reply: Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on all Jeeps!