Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

lift for 12 Rubicon

Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift for 12 Rubicon

Does a lift void the factory warranty on the jk
Old 08-26-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should really contact the service dept at the dealership and ask them if you lift it, will "they" void your warranty. Your going to get all kinds of responses here, and when it comes right down to it, no one on here can void your warranty nor assure your warranty will remain intact.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like above, it is different from dealership to dealership. Check and make sure.

Also, read this.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...r-jeep-132752/

For future reference, just use the 'Search' feature at the top left of your page. With some searching, most of the questions you will have are already answered!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is BS. Chrysler will NOT void your warranty for a lift. They can't, but more importantly they won't. You might run into an a-hole service manager that will flag you, but Chrysler as a rule wont. You'd have to do something to seriously piss someone off for that to happen. Heck my local club meets at a Jeep dealership monthly. I've taken my lifted TJ in for service and never had them question the lift. Once in fact, they replaced a bent tie rod under warranty that I would have expected to pay for out of pocket. In my experience how you treat the service dept goes a long ways...

Originally Posted by Dralphy
Like above, it is different from dealership to dealership. Check and make sure.

Also, read this.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...r-jeep-132752/

For future reference, just use the 'Search' feature at the top left of your page. With some searching, most of the questions you will have are already answered!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

as stated above they CAN NOT void your warany for a lift kit. By law a waranty can only be voided on the parts that are affected by your modification. Example in the lift would be....by installing aftermarket coils and control arms the waranty on your trackbar can and most likely will be voided. BUT your engine waranty will remain intact. If you place aftermarket Ripp supercharger with replacement injectors can void the engine waranty if not installed by the dealership.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I bought my 2012 I was told to let the dealer install lift kits and other things so all warranty stays in effect since it was installed by jeep.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Your going to get all kinds of responses here.

See. I told you so.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whether the dealership can or cannot void your warranty doesn't really matter. what does matter is that certain dealerships HAVE voided peoples entire warranties before. then trying to get your warranty back is a real uphill battle. your best bet is to get to know your local dealerships and your local modified jeep owners and see where they take their jeeps. then make your choice from there.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jennifer530
Chrysler will NOT void your warranty for a lift.

Check your dealership... not all are lift friendly!!

Quick Reply: lift for 12 Rubicon