Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Loose brake pedal

Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose brake pedal

Well i have searched but cannot find anything on this. It really seems my poor jeep is plagued with annoying issues lately and its only a year old.

Anyone else notice the brake pedal skakes around a lot? If im on a bumpy road it just clunks around down there. I can move it side to side quite a bit. I have put a snap ring on the pin that attaches it because i think there was some type of clip missing that should have been there.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

What? Go back to the dealership and compare it with the new ones on the lot. This is something I'd check out before trying to add parts to it myself. One year old means warantee? or did you buy used? Don't put a rock behind it to stop it from "noodling" .....just kidding.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its not used i have warranty just wondering if anyone else noticed their brake pedal seemed kind of loose. It wiggles side to side.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had this happen on my Cherokee. Had to replace a bushing on the pedal arm.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting i will look into it when i take it in for the draglink.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dealer says its normal i call bull gotta love dealerships
Old 05-10-2014, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default Same issue

I am having the exact same issue right now .. annoying as hell .. I thought i was the steering column because it rattles around so much that it causes vibration all the way through the steering wheel. Took it to the dealership and they ordered some bushings. Then went in for the appointment and they let me sit there for two hours before telling me they would need it for the whole day because they have to rip out the entire dash to get at the point to where the bushings attach .. pissed.

I worry about these guys ripping apart my dash cause I think it will just cause more rattles, so haven't gotten back to them yet about re-scheduling. They said if the "higher ups" weren't being cheap about warranty work and gave me the entire brake assembly, rather than some bushings, they wouldn't have to rip apart the dash, but I don't get how that could be true. Wouldn't you have to rip apart the dash to put a new brake assembly in ... i would think so

Last edited by leonhall; 05-10-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

It's something they all do. It bothers some more than others. Mine rattles when I slide my foot off, but no big deal.....

Quick Reply: Loose brake pedal