Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lots of lights and codes.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of lights and codes.

So I just got my first JK from a friend. I've owned lots of Jeeps but this is my newest and only JK. It's a 2011 Sahara, automatic transmission. He was in what appeard to be a minor front end crash and this went crazy. Here's the symptoms.

ABS, TCS, BRAKE, TPMS, AND CEL are all on.

At first it threw codes for Secondary Coil Circuit C P2308, Multiple Misfire (P0300), and Minor EVAP Leak. Ran very rough and had a hard time going above 50mph. Transmission not shifting properly (limp mode?)

Buddy says that he had no issues until crash. I removed bumper and found a wire bundle smashed open with bare copper touching the chassis. Repaired wire. Sat up for a full day with battery (checks out fine) disconnected.

Restart and now I have CEL and TPMS continuously flashing for a bit until they turn solid. Jeep drives better but not as it should. All before mentioned lights are still on constantly. Only code currently present is Circuit C (P2308).

Thoughts? Thanks everyone.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-08-2022, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use a live mode scanner that shows with the jeep running and driving what its sensors are seeing. Jscan is cheap and very easy to use. You will be able to see greater detail into what sensors are not working and can trace the issues.
But if jeep was running fine before wreck then its some that was broken during the wreck. Wheel speed sensors when damaged will cause jeep to run poorly. With the Jscan tool I watched all my sensors related to the trouble code and saw what I thought was a bad wheel sensor. But when I got to tracing the wiring harness I noticed the center pins of a connector were pushed out. Put them back in and bam no more issue and the wheel speed matched the othere wheels..
Old 10-09-2022, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm glad you checked the battery as that will cause the dash light to go crazy. It sounds like you are looking at a substantial rewire and likely some new harnesses to start. It can be an expensive and tricky job. The local shop here where I live has done quite a few with good success.

Quick Reply: Lots of lights and codes.