Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Loud squeal

Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So not sure if this is the right place for this.. Today I was driving down a nice easy trail a lot of water little mud not deep stuff. So once and a while I'd hear this loud squeak/ squeal, I know belts do do that when they become wet. Well it sounded like it was coming from the back of my jeep? Could have been from the front, Not sure so what could be the culprit, it was fine on the highway, and didn't do it a whole lot on the trail. Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by MojaveJK; 06-23-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Run over a squirrel?? Haha jokes.. Debris and water on the brake rotor I'm guessing. Happens to me and I hate that sound!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-23-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChesterJFK
Run over a squirrel?? Haha jokes.. Debris and water on the brake rotor I'm guessing. Happens to me and I hate that sound!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Could of been it, because I know the sound a belt makes. And it's not that bad, went right trough me, that's another thing I thought it coulda been, haha thanks

Quick Reply: Loud squeal