Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lower control arm bushing size and guidance?

Old 10-25-2017, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower control arm bushing size and guidance?

Hi! I'm wondering .. what is the stock size of the lower control arm bushing for the front, axle side? I believe it's roughly 2", right? I was on Synergy's site, I liked their dual durometer bushings, so I picked up a pair for what they advertised would work on lower control arms on a JKU. Sadly, it's likely not meant to fit anything but their own control arms as they are 2.625" OD.

So, I'm considering two options .. cutting the ends off my long arms, sizing up, and switching to these bushings, or ... finding a different set of flex joints that would fit in my housings. But I want to verify what size bushings stock are to see if thats even what I'm running. Before you ask, the control arms I'm running are custom by a shop so it won't help to know the brand.

As near as I can tell, my bushing seats are 2.25" OD, the housing is roughly 2.2" and there's a .125" wall, so roughly 2" ID of the bushing housing.

Thanks for any recommendations you may have.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Sorry for the obvious question, but the shop that did your custom arms is no longer around? No help in getting a replacement bushing?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Sorry for the obvious question, but the shop that did your custom arms is no longer around? No help in getting a replacement bushing?
The fabricator that made the control arms isn't and the rest don't know and don't have time, etc. It's a shady place (didn't know about that until after).

I'm 99% certain these are factory JK bushings on the lowers.

Is there a flex joint available at that size that can be pressed in? If not, I hear factory bushings are pretty stout so I guess I could just stay with it.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Hi,guys.
I am not knowing much about the stock size of the lower control arm bushing for the front axle side.Seems that is a professional question.Who know the answer ?
Maybe the manufacturer will know that ,you could contact them about it.
Generally,I buy aftermarket auto parts online just search for the year,make,model of my car on many auto parts online stores,then chose the exact parts I need.Very easy and smooth.If not 100% clear on whether fits,can also contact the online mechanic,he will tell me the answer.
When you need new control arm kit and how to save your money on control arm replacement, you could learn a lot from this artitcle.https://www.hexautoparts.com/blog/po...-Arm-Kits.html
Hope that helps.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I just miked a rear lower which should be the same as the front and it is a 2.2" diameter

Quick Reply: Lower control arm bushing size and guidance?