Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

mopar mud guards

Old 01-06-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar mud guards

i am seeing the stock sahara steps (on my arctic) do a good job of keeping the winter crap off the sides of the jeep. dont know if i really want to add the mopar flaps? they are good at what they do. i had them on my 07 black rubi, and they helped alot there. just dont know if their needed on the arctic....
Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

If the steps are working at keeping stuff off the sides of your JK, don't bother with the mud guards. There is no other reason to have them.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
If the steps are working at keeping stuff off the sides of your JK, don't bother with the mud guards. There is no other reason to have them.
Agreed. I took the set off my 2012 the dealer had installed, and sold them. The Sahara steps do just as well and besides the mopar ones look horrid IMHO.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

In the moutains in the front range, they use mag cloride for snow, trouble is that stuff leave nasty brown stuff on your car.
My Rubi has some smittybuilt step bars, that don't do a thing to keep stuff from the sides of the Jeep.
First snow, my white Rubi was covered from splashback from the front tires, I bought a set of generic flaps from O'Reilly and they are doing a great job of keeping the snow snot off the sides.

Quick Reply: mopar mud guards