Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mpg

Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mpg

Has anyone on here ever used acetone(pure) as a gas booster on thier jk or any other vehicle for that matter?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
Has anyone on here ever used acetone(pure) as a gas booster on thier jk or any other vehicle for that matter?
Wow. The internets is full of pros and cons on this one.

There are almost as many stories on this subject as there are about UFOs and bigfoot.

My problem with anything that increases mileage is it has to save me money.

If the additive costs 10% more $ to run and it increases your mileage 2-5% you start running into a math problem (is it actually worth it?)

Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

i used it before for about a year on my durango and it made a difference that was well worth the cost, acetone is pretty cheap. I ran into a slight engine problem that was pretty normal for the gen 1 4.7 liter on those durangos, but it made me wary of putting anything like that in an engine again. Was just curious if anyone else had messed around with it.

Quick Reply: Mpg