Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

My front brakes last too long

Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brakes are on their way out, but I have just under 140K miles on my factory front brakes. Lots of highway, lots of anticipated stops. Rears where done around 70K miles. All factory rotors, FWIW.

Lots of late model vehicles have lots of rear bias in the brakes. It's that whole safety-nanny thing... Like engineered understeer.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had new tires put on my 2011 Wrangler with 38k miles. The guy called me back into the shop to show me the rear brakes. The pads were practically gone but the front pads looked new. I was shocked that the rear brakes wore that much faster than the front.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by St_John
Just had new tires put on my 2011 Wrangler with 38k miles. The guy called me back into the shop to show me the rear brakes. The pads were practically gone but the front pads looked new. I was shocked that the rear brakes wore that much faster than the front.
Easiest DIY brake job ever.

Quick Reply: My front brakes last too long