Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

need advice.....

Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice.....

I live In Puerto Rico the weather here is 80 + always... I bought the JK at a Really good price because it didn't come with a Hard Top.. Here in PR everybody likes the hard top.. the minute I drove from the dealer I went to the parts dept. to ask how much was the hardtop they told me 2300 for everything .. I know is not that bad but I was debating get it or not.... I guess I could buy a good set of Bumpers with that

What benefit I get with the hard top besides looks and wind noise ??:question:

Thanks in advance for your advice
Old 07-11-2007, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

looks??
JKs look better topless....
I'd go the opposite way - get rid of the hard top and start looking for a soft top.
and even more reason to go soft top - in your case - stay with a soft topand enjoy the beautiful playas.... with nothing on top or on the sides (doors)
Mi opinion solamente
Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Hard top advantages: Good for hard rains, wind, snow, security if vehicle is parked outside often.

Disadvantages, heavy, hard to remove & store, noisey if wheeling.

Soft tops are easier, leaky, noisey on the road but way more fun over all. You'll need to replace them every few years but only if you leave them up all year long.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

my 2 cents... If I were down there (and have been a couple times and my family just got back after 4 weeks!) I would have the soft top only. Clearly the quick rains that come so often each day are an issue. But unless security is a key issue I wouldn't bother. I could see having a trail cover as well so you could keep the doors and top off and just throw on the cover! My reason for getting the hard top here in Maryland was due to the cold (and it isn't so bad). Security is a little part of it but if not for the weather I wouldn't have bothered. I just couldn't see dealing with the hard top when living in an area that is so nice most of the time. Plus, for the money - bikini top, bumpers, skids plates, tires, etc...
Old 07-11-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

well you guys convinced me ... I will start looking at bumpers tires skid plates hmmm so many things can't believe I almost bought it the first day I drove the car ...

next is on me

thanks for the help...

Quick Reply: need advice.....