Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need to calibrate?

Old 12-21-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to calibrate?

My JK came with 245/75 16s, thinking of going to 265/75 16s will I need to buy the calibration tool (pro scan from quadtec) to recalibrate the computer or a waste of money? Going from a 30" tire to a 31" tire?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ALs07
My JK came with 245/75 16s, thinking of going to 265/75 16s will I need to buy the calibration tool (pro scan from quadtec) to recalibrate the computer or a waste of money? Going from a 30" tire to a 31" tire?
Yes, it will be off a little. You can always check it with a GPS or find somebody that will drive along side and let you know how fast you are really going. Then just make a mental note of what the speedo reads and drive it that way. From everything I've heard the Pro Cal is a good unit. I decided to go with the Superchips Flashpaq instead for all the other things it does as well.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO i would reprogram. with as sensitive as the computer is, id say yes. but instead of buying a programer, you should be able to get it done at dealership for under a $100 (depending on location) they can flash up to a 32 in tire. i would check with them first if you dont plan on going bigger anytime soon.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:56 PM
JK Junkie

For $100 you can often buy a used AEV Procal in the For Sale forum which allows you to program tire size beyond 32" in 15 seconds, plus it provides other functions that you may find useful.

I have the Flashpaq but I keep my Procal which I got first because it so convenient for functions like TPMS.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spinlock
For $100 you can often buy a used AEV Procal in the For Sale forum which allows you to program tire size beyond 32" in 15 seconds, plus it provides other functions that you may find useful.

I have the Flashpaq but I keep my Procal which I got first because it so convenient for functions like TPMS.
good call dude

Quick Reply: Need to calibrate?