Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with wiring harness connect on hardtop

Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with wiring harness connect on hardtop

I cannot get this bugger off. If I pull or pry on it any harder it will break. I've moved the red thingy up and down, and pushed on the black plastic tab thingamajig, but it will not budge. Ridiculous design by the way. Anyone have photos or suggestions on how to get it off. Trying to take the hardtop off to remove the softtop, and I'm stuck.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

The red thingy needs to be in the up position. After that, a simple squeeze and pull maneuver should get it loose. If I remember correctly, if you are leaning in from the rear and looking at the connector, the point you squeeze will be facing you (the part you push in is the vertical face of the connector that points towards the passenger side.)
Old 03-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Former Member

I found it stupidly silly as well when rescuing the soft top out of there.First reply is correct and with enough fiddling while cursing it just magically comes off for no reason why it didn't in the first place!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

i didn't need to push any red button or sqeeeze anything mine just slid right out . and when i pushed it back together nothing seemed to lock or click :confused: like the previous poster said i hate those stupid locking connectors and also the wire guides things on sparkplug wires
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replys. After wrestling with it to the point of sweating and sore fingers, it just slid off. Whaaatever. The manual says something like "move the red locking tab to the right of the plug". That makes no sense, since it moves up and down, and how are you supposed to know which side is right, from what frame of reference?

Ah well, all is well, soft top is our, hard top back on.

Quick Reply: Need help with wiring harness connect on hardtop