Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need a new engine, Casting numbers question 3.8 L

Old 11-18-2017, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new engine, Casting numbers question 3.8 L

So I'm in Afghanistan right now or I think this would be easier but my wife tried to look for the casting numbers. This is what she sent me (Tpte1007803164

P04892474AA)
Is this the correct info?
I am needing a new motor and I plan to order through 4wd.com ATK is the brand. I've done some research and think this is the best fit for me. I live in Alaska so some options are not available for me. Thanks for any help and if you have used or heard about this engine company please let me know!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I can't help on the casting numbers but there was a guy, jsears (?), who put a newer 3.8 into his 07/ 08 with very few issues. I wonder how sensitive the ATK blocks are that it is essential to get your casting number.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they have 2 different engines for sale. Every other company that I talks to only had one. I'm going to call them and figure out What the deal is

Quick Reply: Need a new engine, Casting numbers question 3.8 L